Class of 2024 – FREE money for college!
Apply now for a 1-year / 30-credit-hours scholarship (valued at $3,400) to attend a Florida technical college, state college, or state university.
Already enrolled at Suncoast Technical College? Complete your studies with this scholarship.
The application opens January 1, 2024. Deadline to apply: April 12, 2024
Have questions or need 1 on 1 guidance? Contact Heather Ferrigno, Scholarships Manager
1. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) in order to be eligible. To show FAFSA completion, applicants must upload their Student Aid Report. Students can find this document or apply for the FAFSA here.
2. Students must show financial need in order to be eligible. Eligibility is determined by submission of one of the following documents: Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, HUD (Very Low Income) or most recently filed IRS Form 1040 for the 2022 or 2023 tax year.
The student’s name must appear on the submitted documentation. If you’re qualifying based on your 1040 tax form, your household income must be below the following thresholds set by the USDA:
|Maximum Annual Income|
3. Students must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident. Finalists will be required to submit a social security number before receiving the award.
4. Students must attend a Sarasota County public school and be a Florida resident (for at least one year).
5. Jump Start Scholarships can only be used at a Florida public university, college, or technical school. Finalists will be asked to provide enrollment documentation for a qualifying school.
Please note, to apply for this scholarship, students must create a login account.
The Education Foundation of Sarasota County is a not-for-profit organization powered by philanthropy. We want to ensure each and every student graduates with purpose, fully prepared to succeed in life.
In partnership with: