REPORTS TO: Chief Program Officer
WORK LOCATION: North Port High School
POSITION SUMMARY: The Education Foundation of Sarasota County considers a College Career Coordinator to be a dynamic and multi-tasking professional who is passionate about education and supporting efforts to prepare all students for life after high school. Working closely with the College and Career Advisor, the College and Career Coordinator supports the efforts to advise students about college and career attainment while bringing them closer to their postsecondary goals. In addition, the College and Career Coordinator supports the day-to-day operations of the Education Foundation’s Student Success Center located on the school’s campus. Contributing as a member of the school’s team, the College and Career Coordinator will assist the College and Career Advisor with operations and programming of the Student Success Center to ensure students receive support and guidance towards their post-secondary future. Working closely with education stakeholders, the College Career Advisor, and the foundation’s team members, the College, and Career Coordinator will promote a shared vision which is to ensure every student graduate from high school with a college, career, and life plan which leads to success.
The College and Career Coordinator will uphold the Education Foundation of Sarasota County’s mission which is to enhance the potential of students, promote excellence in teaching, and inspire innovation in education guided by strategic philanthropy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for effective operations of a Student Success Center with a deep abiding interest in the postsecondary planning and success of high school students.
- Greet and welcome students to the Student Success Center, ensuring students have checked in and identified the services and activities they are seeking.
- Work in collaboration with the Student Success Center team to deepen student engagement and support more students in planning for their life beyond high school.
- Assist the College Career Advisor with promoting student workshops and presentations: college essay, resume, interview skills, SAT/ACT test prep tips and resources, letters of recommendation, scholarship essay, financial, academic, and social fit, etc.
- Monitor and ensure proper tracking mechanisms are in place for data collection purposes.
- Assist with administrative duties, college visits, events, presentations, and workshops.
- Support students in planning their post-secondary pathway.
- Support students in tracking their community service hours, submitting college applications, completing Florida Bright Futures and FAFSA applications.
- Encourage and support students’ use of Naviance; promote Naviance with key stakeholders.
- Assist students with career explorations, assessments, college applications, and creating a plan beyond high school.
- Establish and maintain an inclusive environment through cooperative and effective working relationships and in support of a shared vision.
- Proactively plan and organize work.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in information sharing/communications.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain shared Outlook calendars with school and Foundation important dates.
- Attend all campus meetings as appropriate.
- Employ a spirit of continual improvement and strive for excellence as a representative of the Education Foundation of Sarasota County.
- Operate PCs in a Windows environment using various office software.
- Operate modern office equipment and audio/visual equipment.
- Work with team on any other duties/activities as assigned.
ALL TEAM MEMBERS SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of trust
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Impeccable customer service
- Good attitude and consummate professionalism
- Believe and support in a donor-centered philanthropic culture
- High emotional intelligence
- A high degree of self-motivation, ingenuity, and creativity
- An open and collaborative mind
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly changing environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent at follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid judgment and leadership skills, basic business intuition, and common sense
- Persuasive, polished communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be mentored and/or mentor others
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in a related field (education or counseling degree preferred).
- Experience in the education field is preferred.
- Genuine affinity for working with children and families in an educational setting.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and guidance from others while maintaining a collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and meet schedules and timelines.
- Proven ability to support students in their post-secondary goals.
- High emotional intelligence and ethical standards.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and calmness in high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle student information and sensitive issues with confidentiality.
- Strong ability to cultivate and maintain positive and authentic relationships and work with various constituencies, including students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate the academic calendar, work independently, and collaborate with team members on policies, procedures, and events.
- High level of competence using technology.
This is a full-time, temporary, 10-month position (September 1- June 30) with benefits. Salary range is $37,000-41,500. Submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.