Reports to: President & CEO
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant is a dynamic and multi-tasking administrative professional who is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the President & CEO and other key leadership staff when needed. The Executive Assistant serves as the liaison to the Foundation’s Board of Directors and provides impeccable guest/donor relations serving as office receptionist with a positive professional attitude and mindset. The Executive Assistant must be able to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The Executive Assistant will uphold the mission of the Education Foundation of Sarasota County, which is to enhance the potential of students, promote excellence in teaching and inspire innovation in education, guided by strategic philanthropy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle the president’s calendar, scheduling of appointments and timely following up with various constituents and stakeholders, including assisting with personal notes, email, and high-touch stewardship strategies.
- Manage daily seamless operations, including:
- Greet and welcome guests.
- Answer phones.
- Ensure meeting rooms are reserved, including virtual Zoom and Teams meetings.
- Manage two additional email boxes for job postings and general info mailbox.
- Distribute and review daily emails to appropriate staff.
- Maintain daily mail, sorting and processing of check deposits.
- Inventory and place office supplies orders for multiple locations.
- Oversee copier maintenance scheduling and ordering of supplies.
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi/IT issues for the Landings and the president.
- Serve as the board of directors’ liaison:
- Maintain all board governance policies, articles, and by-laws.
- Administer the board software (Boardable) for the board and staff.
- Monitor board member terms, attendance records, and dashboard.
- Arrange for committee and board meetings, including site location, F&B, board packets, and drafting agendas.
- Attend meetings and draft board and related committee minutes.
- Ensure all content for the board is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Provide executive administrative assistance to President & CEO and other key leadership members.
- Provide executive administrative assistance to the development team by:
- Assemble solicitation packets and materials.
- Assisting in stewardship activities for donors.
- Providing special event management support for fundraising activities.
- Entering donor reports into Raiser’s Edge.
- Assisting development team with meeting preparation and follow up activities.
- Assist the President & CEO and the CFO with maintaining annual compliance of the Education Foundation.
- Work with our team on any other duties/activities as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Associate degree from an accredited educational institution or equivalent required (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- 7+ years of extensive experience supporting senior managers and board of directors.
- Strong evidence of administrative skills, including written and oral communication skills, professional decorum, and handling sensitive issues with confidentiality and tact.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Friendly disposition with proven ability to maintain composure and flexibility in a changing environment.
- Proven mastery of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point; expertise in databases and other software programs (willingness to master Raisers Edge software).
- Flexibility and finesse to manage an executive’s schedule. Respectfully represent the president in communications.
- Superior time-management abilities required.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with benefits. Salary range is $53,000 – $62,000. This position requires in-office support and is not eligible for remote work.