Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Work Location: The Landings, Sarasota, FL
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Development for Corporate & Individual Gifts (C&I) is a dynamic and multi-tasking fundraising professional who is responsible for securing $1,000,000-$1,250,000 annually from corporations and individuals for the Education Foundation of Sarasota County. The Director of Development will be expected to develop dynamic fundraising strategies, in partnership with the CDO, focused on engaging, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding an assigned portfolio of prospects as well as developing new prospects. The Director of Development will work independently and collaboratively as part of the Development Team.
The Director of Development will uphold the mission of the Education Foundation of Sarasota County, which is to enhance the potential of students, promote excellence in teaching and inspire innovation in education, guided by strategic philanthropy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish corporate & individual donor giving strategies that focus on engaging existing donors and identifying, qualifying, and engaging new prospects.
- Establish personal relationships with donors, identifying their interests and articulating programmatic aspects of the Education Foundation’s work that would appeal to them.
- Leverage individual donor relationships to expand and deepen giving from connected individuals.
- Personally solicit a specific portfolio of 100-125 prospects, with an emphasis on corporate & individual annual gifts as well as multi-year pledges.
- Work with CDO to identify, cultivate and encourage Major Giving and Planned Giving opportunities.
- Plan and execute introductory or cultivation events for donors and prospects as agreed upon with the Education Foundation’s CDO.
- Develop strong funding proposals with Education Foundation CDO.
- Attend local fundraising events, business meetings, and networking opportunities to establish and develop contacts throughout Sarasota County.
- Track and manage a portfolio to develop and submit weekly update report
- Maintain strong records in the Education Foundation’s database, Raiser’s Edge.
- The successful candidate will participate in strategy meetings regarding plans to increase philanthropic funding and the number of donors to the Education Foundation of Sarasota County.
- Become an expert on the Education Foundation of Sarasota County and Sarasota County Schools, continually finding ways to increase personal knowledge.
- Work with the team on any other duties/activities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college required (Master’s or CFRE designation preferred).
- Minimum five years of major gift experience. (Demonstrated success with capital campaigns a plus).
- Possess broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising and the ability to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Demonstrated track record in individual gift fundraising, including experience closing gifts of $50,000+, preferred
- Understanding of the principles and vehicles of Planned Giving.
- Experience in corporate fundraising is highly desirable.
- Strong listening skills, strong oral and written communication skills, sophisticated interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and proficiency in standard office software.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications planner, Word, and Outlook.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with benefits. Salary range is $68,000-$72,000.