Reports to: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Work Location: Landings
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Development Director for Corporate & Individual Gifts (C&I) is a dynamic and multi-tasking fundraising professional who is responsible for securing $500,000-$750,000 annually from corporations and individuals for the Education Foundation of Sarasota County. The Assistant Development Director will be expected to develop dynamic fundraising strategies in partnership with the CDO, focused on engaging, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding an assigned portfolio of prospects as well as developing new prospects. The Assistant Development Director will work independently and collaboratively as part of the Development Team.
The Assistant Development Director will uphold the mission of the Education Foundation of Sarasota County, which is to enhance the potential of students, promote excellence in teaching and inspire innovation in education, guided by strategic philanthropy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish corporate & individual giving strategies that focus on engaging existing donors and identifying, qualifying, and engaging new prospects.
- Establish personal relationships with donors, identifying their interests and articulating programmatic aspects of the Education Foundation’s work that would appeal to them.
- Leverage individual donor relationships to expand and deepen giving from connected individuals.
- Personally solicit a portfolio of 100-125 prospects, with an emphasis on corporate & individual annual gifts as well as multi-year pledges.
- Work with a portfolio to deepen relationships and encourage Major Giving & Planned Giving opportunities.
- Plan and execute introductory or cultivation events for donors and prospects as agreed upon with the Education Foundation’s CDO Plan and execute introductory or cultivation events for donors and prospects as agreed upon with the Education Foundation’s CDO.
- Develop strong funding proposals with Education Foundation CDO.
- Attend local fundraising events, business meetings, and networking opportunities to establish and develop contacts throughout Sarasota County.
- Track and manage a portfolio to develop and submit weekly update report
- Maintain strong records in the Education Foundation’s database, Raiser’s Edge.
- The successful candidate will participate in strategy meetings regarding plans to increase philanthropic funding and the number of donors to the Education Foundation of Sarasota County.
- Become an expert on the Education Foundation of Sarasota County and Sarasota County Schools, continually finding ways to increase personal knowledge.
- Work with team on any other duties/activities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college required
- Minimum three years of non-profit, fundraising, and/or sales experience preferred.
- Possess general knowledge of the principles of fundraising and the ability to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Demonstrated track record in individual gift fundraising, including experience closing gifts of $25,000+, preferred
- Experience in corporate fundraising and/or sales
- Strong listening skills, strong oral and written communication skills, sophisticated interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Proficient in standard office software excel, word, and outlook. Experience with Microsoft Planner is a plus.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Outcome driven with attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with benefits. The salary range is $55,000-$65,000, depending on experience.