In today’s rapidly changing world, it’s more vital than ever that K – 12 students develop confidence, critical thinking skills, and a sense of purpose to better succeed in life after high school. Students today are the next generation. They are Sarasota County’s future.
To help students prepare for life after high school and graduate equipped to thrive, the Education Foundation of Sarasota County provides relationships, resources, and opportunities that make a difference. We are supported by generous philanthropists and donors, and our independence ensures we can respond to students’ and teachers’ unique needs in focused ways that other organizations cannot.
You can help. Become a champion for life readiness—as a volunteer or a mentor or through a gift. Together, we can do more to help each and every student in Sarasota County Schools thrive beyond high school.
How do we prepare students for life?
Here are just a few of the ways we help students get ready and go further:
- Individualized college, career, and life coaching.
- Mentoring which begins in high school and continues through college or specialized training.
- Experiential learning in schools and locally accessible opportunities.
- Web-based technology which helps students plan for life after high school.
- Workshops on applying for college, interviewing skills, essay writing, and much more.
- Scholarships administered by the Education Foundation.
- National field trip exchanges and leadership development programs.
- Access to a database of local scholarships across the community.
Help students get ready and go further.