- This event has passed.
Education Roundtable Talk | Making Sense of Mindfulness: A Day of Mental Health Training with Keith Macpherson
January 7 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Sponsored by: Equitable
With an alarming number of reported cases of stress, anxiety, and depression in the current workplace, mindfulness is becoming a very important practice to build resiliency and balance.
In his presentation, Keith Macpherson offers an engaging and interactive experience to assist with making sense of mindfulness and offers benefits and tangible strategies to integrate the practice into daily life. Known for his ability to entertain, educate, and evoke transformation, Keith will leave an audience feeling renewed and inspired to rise up to a greater vision for themselves and their company.
In the keynote, Keith will unlock 3 key principles in the practice of mindfulness including Inner visioning, exposing the saboteur (limiting beliefs), and opening to a growth mindset (which invokes balance and resilience). The presentation assists with moving participants from a reactive mindset that is fueled by limiting beliefs to a creative framework that expands leadership, communication, resiliency, and balance.
Outcomes of the keynote presentation will include:
- Strategies to assist and counter stress and anxiety and provide more inner balance.
- Strategies to assist our students with countering depression and anxiety.
- New strategies to shift reactive beliefs and stimulate creativity.
- Relaxation practices to re-focus the mind and build awareness.
- Raise awareness of limiting beliefs and tools to re-frame them.
- A greater set of tools and language to encourage team building and a more positive mindset.
About Keith Macpherson (CPCC):
An author, speaker, and certified professional co-active coach through the Co-Active Training Institute (CTI) as well as a certified Leadership Circle facilitator with a Bachelor of Education degree, Keith Macpherson is a global leader in improving mental health and wellness.
In his book Making Sense of Mindfulness, Macpherson introduces his five-step framework to help people comprehend the buzzword “mindfulness” and how to practically integrate this powerful practice into day-to-day life. Aside from his work in mental health, Macpherson is also known for his work as a professional musician, most notably being a top finalist on the hit television series Canadian Idol.
As a professional speaker, Macpherson has spent over twenty years touring globally in countries including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Dubai, and the United Kingdom. He has worked with companies including GoodLife Fitness Corporation, Great West Life, Wawanesa, International First Aid, Canadian Canola Growers Association, and Sephora. Most recently, his new book, Making Sense of Mindfulness, was named a top pick by Elevated Existence magazine (New York).
He is currently a regular columnist in Balance magazine and inspires thousands of people around the world with his daily intentions on social media.
Learn more. http://www.keithmacpherson.ca
- Participants may sign up for multiple Education Roundtable Talks
- Roundtable talks will be held at the Education Foundation’s LaunchPad4U located at 1413 Blvd. of the Arts in Sarasota.
- Refreshments and drinks will be provided during the event.
- There will be a teacher raffle for a mini classroom grant valued at $250.00.