JOIN OUR TEAM
The Marketing Coordinator is a dynamic and multi-tasking professional who is passionate about education and can enthusiastically support the mission of the Education Foundation of Sarasota County which is to enhance the potential of students, promote excellence in teaching, and inspire innovation in education guided by strategic philanthropy.
Reporting to the Education Foundation of Sarasota County Director of Marketing and Communication, the Marketing Coordinator serves an instrumental role on the marketing and communications team. This includes project management, social media content creation and execution, preparing reports and maintaining promotional materials and printing needs. The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Marketing with a positive professional attitude and strategic mindset.
Education Foundation of Sarasota County Creed:
- We believe education changes lives.
- We believe every child deserves to reach his/her full potential.
- We believe in creating brighter futures for our children.
- We believe in leading in education innovations by taking calculated risks.
- We believe an investment in a child’s education is the best investment anyone can make.
Education Foundation of Sarasota County Guiding Values:
- We act on the belief that all children can learn and succeed.
- We fulfill all professional duties with honesty and integrity.
- We accept responsibility and accountability for our actions and behaviors.
- We commit to serving others before self.
- We enable access to quality education, taking into account not just academic attainment but also the development of the whole student.
- We make the education and well-being of students the fundamental value of all decision making.
- We seek to improve the effectiveness of the education profession by investing in professional development.
- We model the ethical behaviors we expect from others.
- We uphold a culture of philanthropy through donor-centered relationships.
- We build strong partnerships through authentic collaboration.
Any new team member who chooses to join the Foundation must demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of trust
- Technologically adept
- Impeccable customer service
- Good attitude and consummate professionalism
- Believe and support in a donor-centered philanthropic culture
- High emotional intelligence
- A high degree of self-motivation, ingenuity and creativity
- Open minded and collaborative
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and quickly changing environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent at follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid judgment and leadership skills, basic business intuition and common sense
- Persuasive, polished communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to be mentored and/or mentor others
Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing marketing campaigns by helping to prepare marketing strategies, plans and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations
- Creates and executes social media content
- Creates and executes email marketing campaigns
- Manage marketing requests and track from start to completion
- Assist in ensuring final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Utilize analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end consumer/stakeholder experience across multiple channels and consumer touch points
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns
- Assist in event planning and execution
Preferred bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, 1 year of marketing experience/or related work experience with demonstrated success. A background working at a high performing nonprofit is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter here.