Giving Options – Stock Transfers

You can support students and teachers in Sarasota County—and receive a tax benefit at the same time. If you have appreciated stocks, you can transfer them to the Education Foundation of Sarasota County. You’ll avoid a capital gains tax, and we’ll be able to assist teachers and help prepare students to lead successful and meaningful lives.

To help you complete this easy process of transferring your stocks, we’ll provide you with a template letter you can send to your financial institution.

Template Letter

I would like to make a gift of stock on [insert date] to the Education Foundation of Sarasota County. Please transfer [number] shares of [company name] to the charity on [indicate month, year when you would like transfer to occur].

Use the following transfer instructions:

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.

Attn: Transfer of Accounts DTC Number: 0164, code 40 Account Name: Education Foundation of Sarasota County, Inc.
(Tax I.D. Number 59-2320858)

ACCT Number: 5749-5235

It is important to notify the Education Foundation of Sarasota County of the gift being transferred.

Contact information is as follows:

Education Foundation of Sarasota County

1960 Landings Blvd, suite 120

Sarasota, FL 34231

E-mail: ddill@edfoundationsrq.org

Phone: 941-927-0965

Fax: 941-927-3034

The Education Foundation of Sarasota County will provide me with a receipt for this gift.

Have additional questions? Contact Diana Dill at ddill@edfoundationsrq.org | 941-927-0965

Stock Transfers

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!