Each year, the Selby Foundation selects 40 local students to receive a renewable scholarship, as well as professional development/networking opportunities. Awards vary depending on need. The average award is $3,500/year but maybe as high as $7,000/year. “Selby Scholars” are undergraduate students with exceptional potential who embrace Selby’s values of leadership and service.
- Graduating high school senior and/or an AA/AS degree student from a school in Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee, or Sarasota County.
- Have an “Estimated Family Contribution” of $12,000 or less, as determined by FAFSA.
- At least a 3.0 unweighted, cumulative GPA.
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university, with the intention of completing a bachelor’s (4-year) degree. Students attending state colleges are eligible.
- Selected students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to renew the award in subsequent years.
- Students who are selected as semi-finalists will be invited to interview in late April.
*Visit www.selbyfdn.org to learn more and access the online application
For questions please contact Molly Swift (941-957-0442; firstname.lastname@example.org)