**Application opens January 1st**
Each year, the Selby Foundation selects 40 local students to receive a renewable scholarship, as well as professional developing/networking opportunities. Awards vary depending on need. The average award is approx. $4,000/year, and may be as high as $7,000/year. “Selby Scholars” are undergraduate students who demonstrate maturity, grit, and resilience in the face of adversity. Selby Scholars are resourceful, committed, and academically prepared to succeed in college and the pursuit of their dreams. The application will go “live” on January 1st, 2022. You can find the link to the application, and more information about eligibility requirements at www.selbyfdn.org.
- Must be a graduating high school senior from a school in Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee, or Sarasota County (or be a “gap year” high school graduate from the above-mentioned counties from the class of 2021).
- Must have an “Estimated Family Contribution” (EFC) of $12,000 or less, as determined by the 2022-23 FAFSA (students unable to complete FAFSA due to citizenship status, those students may submit alternative documentation).
- Must have a 3.0 unweighted, cumulative GPA.
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university to complete a bachelor’s (4-year) degree. Students enrolling in state colleges are eligible to apply.
- Selected students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to renew the award in subsequent years.
- Students who are selected as semi-finalists will be invited to interview in early May.
Applications due March 1st 4:59 PM
For questions please contact Molly Swift – firstname.lastname@example.org