The SCF Excellence Award is a scholarship for high school seniors in Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte counties who plan to enroll at the State College of Florida in the upcoming Fall semester. The scholarship is for two years tuition and fees for up to 15 credits a semester (Fall and Spring) for up to 4 semesters.
To be eligible for this scholarship student must:
• Be a May/June 2021 high school graduate from Manatee, Sarasota, or Charlotte County
• Enroll at SCF starting in the Fall 2021 semester. May not be deferred.
• Have a minimum high school GPA of a 3.0 (attach unofficial transcript)
• Complete a 2021-2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid –www.fafsa.gov)
• Write a paragraph to explain how this scholarship will help you achieve your educational goals
• Submit a completed, signed application by deadline of April 15th, 2021.
• Combined awards cannot exceed SCF cost of attendance
To be eligible for the second year of this scholarship student must:
• Have a minimum SCF GPA of a 2.5