The Purpose of this award is to recognize academic excellence, and to provide financial assistance to a High School Senior planning to major in
one of the following subjects: horticulture, botany, environmental science, or landscape design at an accredited college or university.
To be eligible for the college scholarship the student shall:
1. Be a senior in any Sarasota/Manatee High School.
2. Be accepted, or plan to be accepted, as a full-time student in an accredited college or university.
3. Plan to major in a natural science field of study such as horticulture, botany, environmental science, or landscape design.
4. Submit 2 letters of recommendation: one from a staff member of their high school and one from an unrelated citizen of good standing in the
5. Submit a resumé of extra-curricular activities, honors, leadership positions, job experiences, non-school activities and community service.
6. Submit a statement explaining your interest in earning a degree in one of the above fields of study.
7. Must have a 3.0 unweighted Grade Point Average, and shall submit a transcript, including SAT and/or ACT scores.
Submit application by March 31, 2024 to Tracie Cady at email@example.com
*Visit website for current college student scholarship opportunities