Every year, the Association awards six $2,000 scholarships to deserving students in the Sarasota and Manatee area, as selected by the RASM Scholarship Committee. Eligible students include members of RASM, their immediate family and members of the community who are continuing education or plan to attend a public or private university, college, community college or technical school. Scholarships support tuition, textbooks, and other course-related fees. Criteria to be considered include, but aren’t limited to, academic achievements, financial need, and contributions to school and community.
Applicants must submit their materials by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2021 and be available for a possible interview on Thursday, April 29 or Friday, April 30. Recipients of the 2021 scholarships will be announced in early May.
Students must complete the following to be eligible:
- Complete the online application at www.MyRASM.com/scholarships (only online applications will be accepted)
- Provide answers to the two essay questions
- Upload recent school transcripts (if the applicant is in high school, they will be asked to use a local high school administrator for transcripts; if the applicant is at the undergraduate or graduate level, they can upload their most recent transcripts/reports at their school)
- Provide two reference letters (from recent teachers, school advisor, employer, etc.)
- Upload the acceptance letter from one or more colleges where the student plans to attend in 2021