Each academic year, the Sarasota Orchid Society awards scholarships of $1,000 to one or more high school seniors or college students from Sarasota or Manatee County with a declared major in the study of horticulture, botany, environmental science or landscape design.
To be eligible for the Sarasota Orchid Society Scholarship, applicants shall:
1. Be a senior in any Sarasota/Manatee High School.
2. Be accepted, or plan to be accepted, as a full-time student in an accredited college or university.
3. Plan to major in a natural science field of study such as horticulture, botany, environmental science, or landscape design.
4. Submit 2 letters of recommendation: one from a staff member of their high school and one from an unrelated citizen of good standing in the community.
5. Submit a resumé of extra-curricular activities, honors, leadership positions, job experiences, non-school activities and community service.
6. Submit a statement explaining your interest in earning a degree in one of the above fields of study.
7. Must have a 3.0 unweighted Grade Point Average, and shall submit a transcript, including SAT and/or ACT scores.
Submit application by April 1, 2021 to Barbara Delgato at email@example.com