The Michael J. Archer Memorial Fund, named in memory of a former Venice High School football star and graduate, is a $1,000 renewable scholarship awarded to a Sarasota County high school senior.
To be eligible to apply, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school senior attending a Sarasota County public school.
- Must have a minimum 2.75 weighted GPA.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Plan to enroll in an accredited 4-year college or university in Florida.
- Begin postsecondary school in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Use scholarship funds for tuition, fees or course-related expenses required to enroll at
or attend an eligible postsecondary school in Florida (Scholarship funds will be sent
directly to the student’s postsecondary school upon proof of high school graduation).
- Renewable for up to four years providing the recipient is making satisfactory academic
progress. Renewal will be based on submission of an official college transcript
demonstrating at least a C+ average or better each year.
Completed applications must be completed online by creating user ID here and submitted by April 15, 2021 11:59 PM. For questions or comments please contact Heather Ferrigno, email@example.com