The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee scholarship program is for students seeking an undergraduate degree at an accredited university, college, community college, technical school, or vocational/trade school. The Federation offers a general scholarship fund and has eight restricted scholarships available.
• Applicant must be seeking enrollment as an undergraduate student in the next academic year at a university, college, community college, vocational or technical program.
• The applicant and his/her parent(s) must have resided full-time in Sarasota or Manatee County for the past two years, as of the application deadline.
• Scholarships are available only to those of the Jewish faith, with the exception of the Robert Michelson Interfaith Scholarship, which will be awarded to three Jewish and three Christian students each year.
• The primary consideration for these scholarships is financial need. In addition, a good academic record, involvement in Jewish activities (or interfaith activities for Michelson applicants), and community service will be evaluated.
• Applications must be received prior to the deadline of April 6, 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
• Scholarship recipients are required to write thank-you letters to the family that established the scholarship (if applicable) and the scholarship committee. Recipients must send copies of the thank you letters to The Federation in order to receive the scholarship. The Federation is authorized to publicize the names of scholarship recipients and reproduce copies of their thank-you letters.
Scholarships applications are reviewed by The Federation’s Education Scholarship Committee, chaired by Laura Briefman.
Applicants may apply for general scholarships as well as restricted scholarships. Additional criteria apply to the restricted scholarships. Personal interviews will be conducted for the Jacqueline Siegel-Frascella College Scholarship, Ned and Janet Sinder Scholarship Trust applicants, and others, at the discretion of the Education Scholarship Committee.