The scholarship program of the Jazz Club of Sarasota exists to further an understanding and/or develop performance skills in the field of jazz. Residents of Sarasota, Manatee, Pinellas, and Hillsborough Counties in Florida will be considered for a scholarship award. High School and College students may apply. A college student will be defined, for our purposes, as anyone who continues his or her education in college following graduation from high school. Scholarships are awarded only for undergraduate study of jazz music and are renewable annually through the application process. The Scholarship award is sent directly to the college.
• Submit application electronically to email@example.com
• Submit 2 recommendations re: musical talent, skills, and abilities
• Submit 1 recommendation re: character, leadership skills, relationships with colleagues, teaching/training, dressing appropriately for gigs and showing up on time, showing respect for other musicians and other team building skill sets, etc.
• Musical experience
• Personal musical accomplishments
• Number of years studying primary instrument
• Number of years studying jazz
• Most notable public performances in past 2 years
• Musical contributions to the community
• Top 5 musical influences
• Electronic submission by attached video format or by link to YouTube performance
• Submit 2 performances of contrasting styles, such as: a ballad, plus one up-tempo, swing, or Latin style
• Include improvisation since that is an important part of jazz performances
• Be sure you are featured performer
• Solo, duet, trio, quartet, or combo may be submitted.
• Original composition is optional, identify as original work