- A Junior currently attending North Port High School, Riverview High School, or Sarasota High School
- On-track to graduate in spring 2022
- 3.0 unweighted GPA calculated through Sophomore year
- Exhibit good behavior and attendance
- Participate in Career Technical Education (CTE) courses that include education, health science, engineering, information technology, or business-related track
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Alien Resident with Social Security number
- Be a first-generation college student OR meet a combination of other factors (see application for more details)
- Meet Income Eligibility requirement (see application for more details)
- Aspire to obtain a college degree or certificate in Florida with an entrepreneurship focus
As participants in the In-Demand Careers Scholar program, students will have the opportunity to work with a supportive advocate, receive weekly college and career preparation through the Education Foundation’s Student Success Centers and Mentoring Program, and earn a Florida Prepaid 2-year state college scholarship. This scholarship covers tuition for two years at a Florida state public college.
Interested students should apply online. First-time users will need to create a user ID using their student N#. Students should also pay close attention to supporting documentation requirements.