The Greg Jung Scholarship was created in memory of Greg Jung, a Sarasota resident who had a long and esteemed career in education. This annual scholarship provides financial support and encouragement to any high-school senior or college student below the age of 22, planning to pursue a degree in the field of education from a college or university recognized as accredited by the U.S. Department of Education. This is a merit/needs based scholarship (open to all applicants regardless of immigration status).
- Be under the age of 22 as of August 1st of the year of application.
- Be a resident of Sarasota or Manatee counties.
- Be enrolled at an accredited non-profit academic or vocational institution in the summer or fall of the year of application.
- Planning to pursue a degree in the field of education from an accredited college or university.
Scholarship applicants must submit the following to ALSO Youth by the deadline posted on ALSO’s website.
- A completed application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Transcript(s) of grades for the applicant’s most recently completed coursework. This may include high school transcripts, GED score report or any postsecondary transcripts.
- Two recommendation forms from non-related adults such as instructors, employers or mentors.
- An up-to-date, typed resume.
- A one-to-two page typed personal statement expressing why the applicant is applying for the scholarship and the applicant’s educational and career goals.
The Executive Committee of the Board of ALSO Youth will consider the following when selecting scholarship recipients:
- Academic achievement.
- Financial need.
- Finalists may be required to attend a personal interview with the selection committee.
- Proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance will be required prior to checks being released.
- Scholarship funds are paid directly to the recipient’s school and are designated for tuition, required fees, books, and supplies only.
- Multiple scholarships will be awarded, with $500 being the minimum award.
- All applicants must submit these materials by March 31, 2023
ALSO Greg Jung Scholarship Application