The scholarship is open to young women attending all Sarasota County schools AND current Florida College and University female students. Applicants must be accepted at an ACCREDITED FLORIDA COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY. Applicants must have earned a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Applicants should demonstrate financial need.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIP CONSIDERATION:
- A completed application
- A GPA of 3.0 or greater
- High School/College transcripts – MUST IN A SEALED/UNOPENED ENVELOP “VOID IF ENVELOPE IS OPENED”
- Personal letter for applying – indicating any financial need
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Copy of University/ College acceptance letter
One or more $1,000 scholarship will be awarded, with “financial need” and “volunteerism” being a consideration in the selection process.
- The scholarship is open to ANY STUDENT OR GRADUATE OF SARASOTA COUNTY schools.
- Applicants must be accepted at an ACCREDITED FLORIDA COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY.
- Applicants must have earned a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Applicants should demonstrate financial need.
- The GFWC Woman’s Club of Sarasota is also interested in giving scholarships to SARASOTA COUNTY STUDENTS IN COLLEGE, who need help to complete their college degrees
DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATION – MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN MARCH 30, 2024 to:
PAM DALTON, Scholarship Chair
1970 Tom Morris Drive
Sarasota, FL 34240
The scholarship recipient(s) will be notified by APRIL 30, 2024