The purpose of Friends of 440 Scholarship Fund is to aid dependents or descendants of workers who were injured or killed in the course and scope of their employment and who received benefits under the Florida Workers’ Compensation Law. In addition, dependents of individuals who primarily work in the operation and/or administration of this same law are eligible to receive scholarships.
Scholarships are intended to assist students who meet these criteria and lack the economic ability to continue education beyond high school or to further their college education.
- Grade Point Average:
- High school seniors must have a 2.7 GPA to apply.
- College applicants must have a 3.0 GPA to apply.
- All scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA and have at least 12 credit hours per semester to remain eligible for funds.
- The scholarship is not available for graduate studies.
- Applicants must not be related directly or indirectly to any member of the Board of Directors