Open to all Sarasota County graduating high school seniors who wish to become Florida teachers.
- Seniors graduating from an accredited Florida high school
- Unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum test scores –SAT – 1000 or ACT – 22
- Must attend an accredited Florida college/university
- Must teach in Florida, following graduation. A copy of the OFFICIAL FLORIDA PROFESSIONAL TEACHING CERTIFICATE must be sent to the State FREA Office. The scholarship requires recipients to teach in the State of Florida for one year for every year the scholarship was awarded. If not, they must repay any scholarship monies received
Application and supporting documents must be received by the FREA Office before being submitted to local FREA Units for the next step, which is an in-person interview.
Visit website for specific directions on how to submit an application.