Four Florida 529 Savings Scholarships – valued at $1,000 each – are available to four Sarasota County public school students to use towards their post-secondary education. Two of the Florida 529 Savings Scholarships have been earmarked for elementary-age students, while the other two Florida 529 Savings Scholarships have been earmarked for high school seniors. All eligible students who submit a complete application will be considered for one of the Florida 529 Savings Scholarships.
- Must be currently enrolled in a public school in Sarasota County and have a valid Social Security Number (SSN)
- Must be in Grade K-5 or Grade 12
- Must have less than 5 unexcused absences in the 2020-2021 school year
- Must have good academic standing
- Must have no discipline referrals for the 2020-2021 school year
- For students in Grade 12: Must have a 2.5+ unweighted GPA
- For students in Grade 12: Must have a level 3 or higher on your most recent Grade 10
- FSA and Algebra 1 end-of-course (EOC) exam
The four Florida 529 Savings Scholarship recipients will be notified in June 2021.