The Florida P.E.O. Scholarship was established in 1994 to provide financial assistance
for tuition and fees to qualified women who will be pursuing undergraduate study at a
Florida college or university.
● Florida resident who is a citizen or permanent legal resident of the U.S.
● Accepted for admission for first year of full-time post-secondary (collegiate) study at
an accredited Florida college or university (private or public).
● Dual enrolled high school students are eligible.
● Pursuing a course of study leading to associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
● Sponsored by a Florida chapter of the P.E.O. Sisterhood.
● Meets requirements of scholarship, character, leadership, and financial need.
● Has high scholastic standing as measured by GPA of 3.0 or greater, class rank
and standardized test scores.
● Awards of up to $2,500.00 for tuition, books and course-related fees. Award amounts
based upon number of applicants and funds available each year.
● May be renewed for second year of full time study (24 hours in an academic year)
pending submission of a completed renewal application, minimum 3.0 cumulative
collegiate GPA, and sponsoring chapter recommendation.
● Applicants must be sponsored by a Florida chapter of the P.E.O. Sisterhood.
● For information about finding a local chapter to consider sponsoring an applicant for
the scholarship, send email query to: FLPEOS@gmail.com
● Applications must be provided by a member of P.E.O.
● Student applications are due to the sponsoring Florida chapter by January 15th.