Florida Engineering Society scholarships inspire and encourage the pursuit of an education focused on engineering. Every eligible applicant will be considered for both the Florida Engineering Society statewide scholarships as described on the application form and the Myakka Chapter (local Sarasota, Manatee and Desoto Counties) scholarships.
High School Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a high school senior.
- Have been enrolled in one semester and will graduate from a FL school.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States at the time of application.
- Have at least a 3.5 grade point average based on a 4.0 scale.
- Attain a minimum test score on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), or the American College Testing Program (ACT). The minimum scores, listed on page two are used as a minimum threshold level, with actual test scores being weighted into the scoring process. (SAT Math 600, English 500 / ACT Math 26, English 21)
- Enroll in an engineering program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Certified transcript (unopened) must be included with the application.
- A copy of the official IB, AICE & AP test score sheet must be included with the application. Complete Certification Sheet tab within excel application file.
Each electronic application package received from an applicant should include:
- A USB drive with the applicants completed EXCEL spreadsheet application (Form B) saved on it. Note: these will not be returned to the student.
- A sealed, certified transcript (unopened) (both high school and college, if they took college classes).
- Applicant’s Certification and Permission to Release Information forms printed and completed.
- Counselor’s or Principal’s Certification form, printed and completed.
- A copy of all exam results.
- Verification of GPA.
Submit these items to the following address by February 12, 2021:
Chip Hoover, P.E.
Florida Engineering Society, Myakka Chapter
1724 Barber Road
Sarasota, FL 34240
For questions please contact Chip Hoover, P.E. – firstname.lastname@example.org or at (941) 225-4419.