**The 2022 contest and application will open on September 1, 2021.
Legacy Awards are $1,000 renewable scholarships (up to $4,000) available to children and grandchildren of Elks members. Eligibility requirements are outlined below.
- For the 2022 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2019, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2019, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2022. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must apply online only. The 2022 Legacy Awards application deadline is February 7, 2022.
- If the applicant’s parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent’s Elks Lodge.
- Standardized test requirement for the 2022 Legacy contest are waived. You do not need to submit ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student wins more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value. Students can accept local and state scholarships, which are separate from the awards at the national level.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.)
- If you are selected as a 2022 Legacy Awards recipient, you will be required to perform service once a year with an Elks Lodge during the four years you are receiving the scholarship. Click here for more information about serving with the Elks.
Eligible students should apply in the following manner:
- The student must complete and submit the ONLINE application. The 2021 Legacy Awards application deadline is February 7, 2022.
- The Elk sponsor’s membership will be verified through the BPOE Grand Lodge headquarters.
- When a student registers to complete the online application, both the applicant and Lodge Secretary will be notified by email.
- If you have questions about your online Legacy Awards application, contact the ENF Scholarship Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Legacy Awards FAQ page.
- Upon receipt of the application, the applicant will receive a notification that the application was received. Winners will be announced in late April 2022.