The purpose of the Dr. Elinor Crawford College Scholarship Fund of Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida, Inc. is to recognize and celebrate graduating high school seniors who demonstrate the characteristics of the Girl Scout Mission, Promise and Law, leadership to self and the community, and outstanding academic success.
1. Be a senior in high school planning to attend college/postsecondary instruction.
2. Be currently registered and active in Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida and maintained continuous Girl Scout membership with Gulfcoast for the past five years.
3. Be able to provide one (1) recommendation letter by a non-family adult member of Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida, not including Gulfcoast staff.
4. Be able to provide one (1) recommendation letter from a non-family member.
5. Have a cumulative unweighted grade point average of 3.0 or above
1. Applicant should carefully review the attached Scholarship Committee Rubric to best ensure their application and required documents meet the criteria for evaluation and scoring. The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
2. Application is typed, free of typographical and grammatical errors. Package is organized, well-written and contains all required elements.
3. Attach the following required documents to the application and submit by February 28, 2024 deadline:
a. High school transcript including the first semester of the senior year with unweighted GPA.
b. Statement of Impact that specifically demonstrates connection of Girl Scout values (Promise and Law) to the applicant’s personal growth and development. At least 3 specific examples are provided and elaborated upon.
c. One (1) recommendation letter from a non-family adult member of Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida, not including Gulfcoast staff.
d. One (1) recommendation letter from a non-family member
Scholarship recipient will be honored at the Young Women of Distinction celebration on May 19, 2024. The scholarship will be awarded one time. Payment will be made directly to the scholarship recipient. Instructions will be provided to the recipient.