Open to graduating students based on meeting the criteria of the specific scholarships provided by the DAR National Society. Opportunities vary and range from nursing, medicine, occupational or physical therapy, law, business administration, English, science, math, chemistry, music (voice and piano), history, government, American Studies, horticulture, and elementary and secondary education. Must apply online.
- A personal statement of 1,000 words or less setting forth your career objectives.
- A recent copy of your high school transcript (must indicate class rank, size) and/or college and graduate school transcripts, as applicable. Your major must be indicated on your most recent transcript where a specific major is required. Homeschooled students must include transcripts for grade nine through the current year. If selected as a scholarship recipient and an official copy mailed/emailed to DAR will be required.
- Information required by specific scholarships such as financial need information, a letter of acceptance into a special program or a transcript stating you are in a special program like nursing or medicine, proof of tribal membership if an American Indian, or special test scores if in a graduate program (such as MCAT or LSAT).
- Proof of United States citizenship; please photocopy one of the following documents: a birth certificate, naturalization papers, or the information page of your United States Passport. Cover all photographs. If listed, please black out social security numbers.
- A ONE-PAGE document or listing of your extra-curricular activities, honors received, and scholastic achievements. The information to be uploaded should not exceed one-side of an 8 1/2 inch by 11-inch piece of paper.
- Two references