Open to graduating students based on meeting the criteria of the specific scholarships provided by the DAR National Society. The scholarships opportunities range from nursing, medicine, occupational or physical therapy, law, business administration, English, math, chemistry, music (voice or piano only), American history, history, government, American Studies, historic preservation, horticulture, and elementary and secondary education. Two scholarships are specifically for Native American students (you must provide proof of membership in a federal or state-recognized tribe) and over twenty of the scholarship opportunities are for graduating high school students, college undergraduate students, or graduate students. Two scholarships are specifically for DAR members or DAR-descendants/dependents (you must be able to provide the DAR member’s name, national membership number, and your relationship to the DAR member). Must apply online.
- A personal statement of 1,000 words or less setting forth the your career objectives.
- A recent copy of your high school transcript and/or college and graduate school transcripts, as applicable. Home-schooled students must include transcripts for grade nine through final year. Applicants with GEDs should submit their GED transcript. If selected as a scholarship recipient you will be required to submit an official copy mailed/emailed to DAR. Please note, DAR no longer requires SAT or ACT scores, or class size or class rank on your transcripts if you are a graduating high school student.
- Information required by specific scholarships such as financial need information, a letter of acceptance into a special program or a transcript stating you are in a special program like nursing or medicine, proof of tribal membership if a Native American, or special test scores if in a graduate program (such as MCAT or LSAT).
- Proof of United States citizenship; please photocopy one of the following documents: a birth certificate, naturalization papers, or the information page of your United States Passport. Cover all photographs. If listed, please blackout social security numbers.
- A ONE-PAGE document or listing of your extra-curricular activities, honors received, and scholastic achievements. The information to be uploaded should not exceed one-side of a 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch piece of paper and must include your name.
- You will also be asked to provide contact information for at least two people, but not more than four people who can serve as a reference for you. Please note, a relative may not serve as a reference.