Butterflies & Dreams Book Club Award
Butterflies & Dreams Book Club
Deadline: February 4, 2023
Award for African American seniors from Manatee or Sarasota counties planning to attend a post-secondary institution and inspired by reading.
- A completed application.
- One (1) letter of recommendation.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.50. This must be verified by a guidance counselor’s signature.
- An official transcript must be submitted.
- As a Book Award recipient, you must provide evidence of acceptance at a post-secondary institution before the book award is awarded. If you have an acceptance letter at this time, please submit it with your application.
- Graduating African American senior from Manatee or Sarasota County at end of 2022-23 school year.
- The Book Award Committee will introduce the recipients at the June Book Club meeting. Recipients will be asked to say a few words about herself or himself.
What high schools does this scholarship apply to? All
Number of Available Awards:
Scholarship Criteria: African American senior from Manatee or Sarasota County
Scholarship Location: Local
Minimum GPA: 2.5
Minimum SAT Score:
Minimum ACT Score:
Is the scholarship renewable? No
How to Renew:
Is an essay required? Yes
Are service hours required? No
2939 North Osprey Avenue
Ethnic Background: African American
Ethnicity: African American
Residency: Sarasota or Manatee County