Award for African American seniors from Manatee or Sarasota counties planning to attend a post-secondary institution and inspired by reading.
- Completed application and essay.
- One (1) letter of recommendation.
- 2.5 GPA or higher as verified by guidance counselor.
- Official Transcript.
- Acceptance into a postsecondary institution before book award is awarded or with the application.
- Graduating African American senior from Manatee or Sarasota County at end of 2021-22 school year.
The Book Award Committee will introduce the recipients at the June Book Club meeting. Recipients will be asked to say a few words about herself or himself.