The Business and Professional Women’s Club focuses on educating and supporting working women through workshops, mentorship programs and advocacy for women’s rights. African American female graduating seniors who meet the following criteria are eligible for the Scholarship Book Award.
- Applicant must be an African American female senior graduating at the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
- One page typed essay on your plans after high school including the reason financial assistance is needed.
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must provide three (3) letters of recommendation from non-family members with two (2) from your school which may include a teacher, counselor, advisor, coach, etc. and one (1) from a community member.
- Applicant must provide documentation of community and/or volunteer service hours.
- Applicant must include sealed official transcript.
- Mail application and documents to: Business and Professional Women’s Club/North Sarasota, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 1121 Sarasota, FL 34230