The Boca Grande Woman’s Club offers scholarship assistance each year to a selected number of Boca Grande students graduating from accredited high schools and to qualified adults primarily employed on Boca Grande. The awards are made on a semester basis, but they are not automatically ongoing. They must be applied for each semester and are subject to the student’s continued academic standing and financial need.
- Have applied for admission to a school for post-secondary education, such as a university, college, trade or vocational school.
- Demonstrate a B or better high school average.
- Meet Island Connection:
- reside in Boca Grande, or
- be the child or grandchild of such resident, or
- be the child of a parent, grandparent, or guardian currently employed on Boca Grande who has been employed a minimum of two years and whose primary source of income comes from work on Boca Grande, or
- be an applicant who personally contributes to the Boca Grande community and has documentation of employment and / or volunteer work for a minimum of 20 hours per week for at least 40 weeks over a two year period.
- Complete FAFSA form – go to fafsa.gov online and submit current SAR (Student Aid Report) as part of the application.
- Complete the BGWC Scholarship Application, and submit the letters of recommendations.