This scholarship is for students in financial need intending to pursue careers in a healthcare field at a College/University or Vocational Technical Institute. Students must be a senior in a Sarasota County school, and have at least a 3.0 unweighted grade-point average and demonstrate financial need. Applications will only be considered if the applicant’s parents’ adjusted gross income does not exceed $90,000.
1. Must have at least an unweighted 3.0 Grade Point Average.
2. Copy of transcript state unweighted GPA.
3. Copy of Student’s official SAT/ACT score report
4. Copy of college acceptance letter. Include your college ID number, and college address.
5. One page essay stating your major and why you wish to attend college and why you need financial assistance. Essay should show clarity, strength, and determination to achieve a healthcare degree.
6. A signed and dated copy of the parents’ 2020 1040 Income Tax/ or FAFSA. Parents’ adjusted gross income may not exceed $90,000.
7. Report from Guidance Counselor.
8. Letter of recommendation from Guidance Counselor or teacher.
9. List of extra-curricular activities in school and community, volunteer work and employment.
10. Photo (optional)
The completed application is due by April 15, 2021 and may be delivered or sent to:
The Scholarship Committee
Auxiliary of Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
5731 Bee Ridge Rd.
Sarasota, Fl 34233