The scholarship is available to students pursuing an education in the field of civil engineering.
– Have a permanent residence within Sarasota, Manatee, DeSoto, or Hardee County
– Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
– Complete the application form
– Submit a personal essay on why the applicant wants to become a civil engineer. The essay shall be typed, have no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words, and should highlight any long-term goals and plans.
– Submit a copy of the applicant’s most recent High School transcript.
– Submit a copy of proof of acceptance to a college or university with an ABET accredited engineering program (if not available at time of application, the application may be accepted without this item; however, the scholarship committee may request that this be provided prior to awarding of the scholarship).